Priority of Access
To comply with our Funding Agreement from the NSW Department of Education,
we are required to give equal priority of access to:
- children who are at least 4 years old on or before the 31 July in that preschool year and not enrolled or registered at a school
- children who are at least 3 years old on or before 31 July in that preschool year and from low income and/or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander families
- children with English language needs
- children with disability and/or additional needs
- children who are at risk of significant harm (from a child protection perspective).
There is no order of priority assigned to the list of points above but priority must be given to the groups outlined above before any other groups including non-equity 3 year olds.
These guidelines are intended to assist us with making enrolment decisions, in a way that seeks to allocate places to those in the greatest need. However, the particular needs of the community will also be considered.